- Characters start at first level
- Roll 4d6 seven times; discard the lowest de in each roll and the lowest total to give six stats; apply them as you wish.
- Maximum hit points to start.
- Maximum gold per class. You can have any equipment you can afford, but you cannot "make" equipment as part of character creation. Mundane technology will be at the level of 15th century Europe, at least to start.
The common races can be throughout the world, in varying concentrations.
- Dwarves have several kingdoms under the mountains of Reiziger, and some in the fjords near there.
- Elves usually keep themselves apart, with enclaves in deep forest and mountain valleys. It is always of note when Elves leave their enclaves to walk among other other peoples.
- Many gnomes are found in Ritter, either living in the hills or in the courts of various nobles.
- Halflings farm the hills of Comerciante. They are also found traveling the roads in small family caravans.
While the people of Nobilium follow a strict orthodoxy with a rigid pantheon, the religion for most of the world varies widely from region to region. Even though some scholars speculate that deities are simply known by different names in different regions, the gods remain silent on the matter.